Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best Practices for Slowing Dog Eating Stainless Steel Bowls vs. Broccoli?
Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a new dog bowl to help slow down my pup's eating. I've heard about stainless steel bowls and ones that utilize design to encourage slower eating. What are your thoughts on these options?
Stainless steel bowls are great for durability, but I've found that some dogs still gobble up their food just as quickly. Have you considered trying out the ones with ridges or obstacles inside that force the dog to slow down while eating?
I've tried both stainless steel bowls and the ones with ridges. While the ridged bowls did help a bit, my dog still seems to wolf down his food. I've heard some people use broccoli as a natural way to slow down eating. Has anyone tried this method?
Interesting idea! I've never heard of using broccoli for this purpose. How exactly does it work? Do you just mix it in with the dog's food?
Yeah, that's the gist of it. You can either chop up the broccoli and mix it in with their food or use larger pieces as obstacles in their bowl. Supposedly, it forces them to navigate around the broccoli, slowing down their eating in the process .
That's fascinating! I never would have thought of using broccoli in that way. Does it have any nutritional benefits for the dog, or is it purely for slowing down their eating?
From what I've read, broccoli can actually be a healthy addition to a dog's diet in moderation. It's low in calories and high in fiber, which can be good for their digestion. However, it's important to avoid giving them too much, as it can cause stomach upset.
Thanks for the info! I think I might give the broccoli method a try and see how it works for my pup. Has anyone else had success with this technique, or do you have any other tips for slowing down a fast eater?
I've tried the broccoli method with my dog, and it definitely helped slow him down. However, I found that he would just pick out the broccoli and leave the rest of his food, so it didn't work perfectly for us. I think it really depends on the individual dog and their eating habits.
That makes sense. It seems like finding the right solution might require some trial and error. I'll definitely keep that in mind as I continue my search for a way to slow down my dog's eating. Thanks for the input, everyone!