Forum Stainless Steel Precision Casting

Full Version: Mysteries of Lost Wax Casting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone, I've been hearing a lot about "lost wax" investment casting lately but still not entirely sure what it is. Can someone shed some light on this casting method for me?
Absolutely! Lost wax casting, also known as investment casting, is a process where a wax pattern is coated in ceramic material, then heated to remove the wax, leaving a cavity in the shape of the desired part. Molten metal is then poured into this cavity, creating a precise replica of the original wax pattern. It's often used for complex shapes or intricate details.
That sounds fascinating! So, what are some typical applications of lost wax casting?
Lost wax casting is incredibly versatile and is used across various industries, from aerospace and automotive to jewelry and art. It's ideal for producing high-quality parts with intricate designs or complex geometries that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with other manufacturing methods.
Wow, I had no idea it was used in so many different fields. Thanks for the info!
No problem! Feel free to ask if you have any more questions about lost wax casting. Topic 2: Which alloys can be used in investment casting?
Pages: 1 2